How do I begin?
Whether you are beginning a training course or just completing an airplane checkout, please follow these steps to ensure we have accurate information as well as meet FAA and TSA requirements:
1. Create an account through the Client Portal and upload the documents required by the FAA and TSA. This information is securely archived and can be updated at any time at your convenience.
2. Become familiar with our Flight Operations Manual. This document contains our policies and procedures to ensure a safe operation. Feel free to discuss with your instructor any areas you need further clarification.
3. During your checkout or first lesson, we will help you set up an account in our online scheduling system called Sky Manager. Your instructor will explain how to create reservations, ensure aircraft airworthiness and review Rainier scheduling policies.
4. Consider joining the Aviator’s Club for discounts on aircraft rental, waived insurance deductible and more.
5. We strongly recommend aircraft renter liability insurance to protect you should an incident or accident occur. Avemco is a reputable aviation insurance company with very competitive rates. Contact them online or call at (888) 635-4299 for a quote and tell them you fly with Rainier Flight Service (RF03).
6. Check out our Event Calendar. We provide monthly continuing education seminars, summer BBQs and other fun events where you can socialize with fellow pilots and share your passion for aviation.
7. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to recieve the lastest news on updates, safety items and tips to enjoy aviation to its fullest extent.
8. Like our Facebook page to receive fun posts about our activities, photos and student achievements.
9. Join the Flights Above the Pacific Northwest (FATPNW) Facebook Group to participate online with a large community of local aviators.
Please contact us any time if we can be of assistance. We look forward to flying with you!