Rainier Flight Service Training Scholarship
Our Mission Statement sums up our philosophy: 'To spread a passion for aviation through the best service at the best value in a safe, professional and fun environment.' In this spirit, we are pleased to provide an annual RFS scholarship! This scholarship will benefit individuals training to become a private pilot so that recipients can complete training and spread their aviation passion with others.
Donations are accepted if you would like to contribute to the RFS scholarship fund. Rainier Flight will match donations up to a total of $5000 annually resulting in multiple scholarships of equal amounts. Unused funds will roll over to subsequent year. Donations are not eligible for charitable tax deduction.
Applicants are encouraged to apply if meeting the following requirements:
- Be a US citizen or permanent US resident
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Hold a current FAA Student Pilot Certificate at the time of application.
- Have a current medical or completed BasicMed requirements at the time of application.
- Have not completed the FAA practical test/checkride at the time of application.
How to Apply
- Applicants must fill out the application form, which can be found here.
- Applicants must explain, in a single page or less, their passion for aviation and how they share their enthusiasm with others. This essay should incorporate personal experience, dreams and goals for the betterment of the general aviation industry.
- Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'RFS Training Scholarship'.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must read, understand and accept the terms and conditions of this scholarship.
Applying - Applicants may submit only one application per year. Scholarship winners are eligible to reapply in following periods.
Rights - Rainier Flight retains the rights to modify and/or feature applicants' submissions on blog posts, social media and promotional materials. Should an applicant's writing be featured, he/she will receive due credit as well as notification of featured post.
Funds - Scholarship winners will receive $5000 credited to their Rainier Flight account. Unused funds for Private Pilot training are not transferrable or be redeemed for cash.
Deadlines and Awards
This is an annual scholarship with one or more winners chosen per period. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2018