Rotorcraft Transition Program (RTP)
If you’re a military or civilian rotor wing pilot with commercial airline aviation in your sights, we’re helping to clear the way for you. With the Horizon Air RTP, you’ll receive up to $25,000 in flight training assistance to train at Rainier Flight. Once you’ve met all qualifications, you’ll walk away with a class date with Horizon Air.
How It Works
- Meet minimum qualifications including a Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter License
- Apply within six months of being able to start training
- If you’re qualified, a recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview
- Successful candidates create a training plan with Raineir Flight
- Start flight school training and have monthly check-ins with Horizon
- Upon completion of ATP minimums, receive a class date with Horizon
Follow these steps to begin your second career at a first-class airline:
Visit the Horizon Air - Pilots job website and complete application.
Interviews are conducted at our Seattle training facility.
You will complete all training at Rainier Flight including Private, Instrument, Commercial and Multi-Engine certifications. It is expected you train full time and complete this process within a six month timeline.
(course outlines) & timeline
Horizon training is typically conducted in Seattle but may be at other locations, depending on training capacity. The initial qualification course is ## weeks culminating in an ATP type-ride.
Begin your career flying the line with a team of industry professionals.